w

Soundin' Off -- the lifeboat

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Start your slavin' job...*

JB has a neat line from Alain Nasreddine after he scored in the opener...

I already miss the full-month schedule you could get on leaguestat last year. Maybe it's still there somewhere and I haven't found it...

While reading the Chelios lawsuit, it struck me to ask any law-talkin' types who might surf by: What do you call the little curly 'S' with the circle in it (§)? (The symbol itself, I mean; I more or less know what it means... I think, anyway.)

Back a few posts in the comments, JB makes a good point:

I don't think this applies to the Sound Tigers, but this topic made me think of something that's been bouncing around in my head for a few days. The easiest way to ruin an AHL team's season is to send it a bunch of middling prospects on NHL contracts.

Makes a lot of sense if you think about it.

Mark Lee won himself an AHL job, and good for him... Stephen Valiquette also has arrived, with Kevin Weekes apparently ready for Thursday's opener. (Hartford, incidentally, is bringing back P.J. Stock and E.J. McGuire for Saturday's opener, which would be cool enough to get me up there if something else wasn't happening.

Blake Sebring in Fort Wayne passes on some of Pat Bingham's philosophy, much of which sounds familiar...

And me, I'm exhausted. Gotta learn to pace myself. (Not work-related in the slightest, in case you can't tell.)

*-Quotes from or pertaining to a certain song, 1-11 times this month as needed.

4 Comments:

  • it means Section. I am looking for what it is called as well

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:36 AM  

  • looks like campoli is on the IR list. Any news on that?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:41 AM  

  • §- what I am being told is that it has no name and it means Section! So if you are a crazy fan in the New Haven Coliseum you are in

    §14

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:47 AM  

  • So can I name it, then? Curlyesswidacircle? (That's too long. We need a symbol. Like §.)

    Campoli, sed Newsday, has a groin pull, 2-4 weeks.

    By Blogger Fornabaio, at 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home