w

Soundin' Off -- the lifeboat

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Is he strong? Listen, bud...

In honor of Guillermo Mota's return from performance-enhanced exile, I'm going on steroids. My mometazone was prescribed, though. Doc says that "spider bite" of mine, from the colo(u)r and the shape* of it, may just be a reaction to something. Or it may be a spider bite. We'll see. Meanwhile, I expect to become a home-run hitter shortly. Or so the hysteria tells me**.

Anyway, contain your excitement over the Bridgeport schedule format, which had all of one huge change: drop two games with Providence, add them to Portland. Great: another 200-something miles or a hotel stay. That'll go over great with the bean counters. On the other hand, still no one from the West, not even Syracuse again, and the Sound Tigers still haven't been to Rochester since Game One. Don't tell the boss, but I'd probably chip in to make a Midwest road trip. Got a couch I can use in Joliet, after all.

(Speaking of whom, I just noticed tonight that one of my brother's old sticks, received as a Christmas gift from a cousin in 2001 or '02, is a Daniel Tkaczuk pattern. Of all people.)

Hartford skips Wilkes-Barre and, again, Binghamton, but the Pack actually gets some variety: Hamilton, Syracuse, Toronto, Houston and San Antonio.

The Eastern Conference alignment is identical to last year's. QC stays in Omaha's spot; drop Rockford into the West and Cleveland into the North.

Here's Kohn, officially.

Oh -- the other thing I meant to mention last night was that the Sound Tigers are taking applications for their fan advisory board, if you're interested. Send an e-mail by June 15 to fanboard@soundtigers.com saying 1) why you're applying and 2) "a brief description of how you think the team can improve in any one aspect." (Don't pick the power play. That job's taken.) You can snail-mail it to the team, too.

Had to kill 20 minutes at Walgreens while I waited for my 'roids today. Some thoughts from walking around:

--Ever since spending time with the Cobys for that big autos story last week, I've had this weird urge to build a model car. Looked around, but no dice. This may take a special trip. And some free time.

--They were piping '60s music over the PA. Have I ever mentioned my position that the Mamas and the Papas' "I Saw Her Again" is the best pop song ever? If not, there 'tis.

--Rather limited magazine selection, but one of the celebrity mags declared that "Shiloh was no accident!" Choose your own adventure: a) Of course not; it was a surprise attack; b) Of course not; Neil Diamond is a pop genius.

*-Foo Fighters: Given the steady quality of the radio hits, underrated or not?
**-Or, also in honor of Guillermo Mota, maybe I'll just try to throw fastballs past people when it's obvious they can't handle my changeup***.
***-Bitter much?

2 Comments:

  • How about the confluence of events occurring at Shea this week. Bonds is in town, Mota back from suspension and Ben Johnson makes his Mets debut. Where's Onterrio Smith when you need him?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:26 PM  

  • That, my brother, is clutch.

    By Blogger Fornabaio, at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home