w

Soundin' Off -- the lifeboat

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

...and pretty things

You have got to love it, I'm sure, when a kid's junior team announces your signings for you. Regardless, Dustin Kohn is "in the fold," as a confirming source said; the signing team will probably announce it Wednesday. The timing doesn't seem to have anything to do with the announcement that Mike Milbury will no longer be day to day with the Islanders, but who knows. Kohn was the draft pick they had to get done. He'll play a ton in the fall and beyond.

Around the horn: The Pack live. The new Civic Center management types will run the front office, while MSG will run the hockey. Former Pens and Devils coach is the new Houston boss. The Forechecker has some salient points on the NHLPA e-mail spying scandal, which might be one of the weirdest things ever.

Had something else in the middle here, but the computer crashed between saves. (And this is the Incredible Fighting Home Compy, not Incredible Crashing Work Computer.)

Long day covering track at Willow Brook Park. (It seems wrong that I've talked to Ashley Matakevich twice more in the past eight days than I've spoken to Mark Wotton in the past 43, but it's true.) WBP is a pretty solid facility for track; you climb up the 60 stairs (really, I counted once or twice or 10 times), and there's a sizeable press box with power and phone lines. Who needs more?

Well, today, for no obvious reason, the CIAC had New Britain parks and rec keep the press box locked. Fortunately, I found a power outlet on the side of the structure under the press box, so I sat there among the ants and those weird-looking red bugs that explode in a fiery splash when you touch 'em, and I typed up my agate. And fortunately, a couple of maintenance guys took pity and let me into an office to send my story. And fortunately, no Rock Cats or Rock Cats opponents had homered into my windshield, 'cause they made us park behind the outfield at the new ballpark.

Do you care? No, I'm sure. But Tim Hortons was still open on the way home...

I almost went to wamazon.com earlier. (Afraid to do so now, just in case it's weird stuff that makes your computer crash -- again.) I blame it on the track stuff. And this weird spider bite that's changing color. (Just in case, I love you all.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home