w

Soundin' Off -- the lifeboat

Thursday, October 04, 2012

Blue vs. Yellow (exh.)

This page copies this original post. Please leave any comments there.

The New England Sports Center's URL is NES.com.

Wait, what?

Thursday's game against Providence is there. Directions from Bridgeport, pretty well usable for anywhere that'll take you through Hartford on the way (think you can cut off that last U-turn, but I imagine you'll find it from there), or just plug "121 Donald Lynch Blvd., Marlborough, Mass." into your GPS or favorite maps service.

Friday (at 6 p.m., remember), they're up at Saint Anselm College against the Monarchs. Depending who you ask, Sullivan Arena is in ManchVegas or Goffstown. It's a ride either way. General directions (I've never gone that way, through Leominster and Milford, N.H., so if you want a more pure-highway route, try this one but watch for traffic at the 495/Connector interchange), or head toward "Rundlett Hill Road, Goffstown, NH 03102" and hope for the best.

We'll get what we can from both (Twitter here; not sure about Internet situation in either place, but we'll do what we can). Looking forward to seeing them in action.

....

Speaking of Twitter, as the new year gets closer, I've tossed some ideas around about it; I know at least a few of you follow along (some for all three years, and thanks for that). A thought or two or three:

--Would you guys prefer a separate in-game-tweet account? (No guarantees that in-game stuff wouldn't go on the main account at times -- port in a storm if wireless is down, etc.)

--I'm behind the curve on this, I know, but I'll try to use #bst this year. What bugs me is I look at that search and see a lot of tweets about British Standard Time, some stuff I can't decipher, and some filth I'm not sure I want to understand. Having lived through the Cass Tech takeover at #ctfb (@spbowley and friends are talking ConnecticuT High School FootBall at #cthsfb now, if you are interested yet somehow haven't noticed the switch), I'm marginally concerned, but we'll deal with it in the meantime. (#stigers? four more characters, but...)

--I like putting the warmup lines on the blog and then tweeting a link. Anybody out there really prefer them tweeted? Should that be instead or as well? If you want them tweeted, mind if I go Tim Leone style and just use the numbers?

Let me know your thoughts, whether on the main post or, um, on Twitter.

....

And RIP, R.B. Greaves.