w

Soundin' Off -- the lifeboat

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

And Bart... Well... We love Bart*

So I realized in the afternoon that I hadn't posted yesterday's roundup/quiet-Islanders bit. Rewrote it a little as I slogged through the boxing stories. And then I finally finished and shipped the boxing stories and said, well, haven't checked NHL.com in a while...

Gotta love three names popping up.

Well, they promised toughness. This would qualify. If I've done the math right, Jackman and Spiller count as vets; Brennan is 17 games short.

Meanwhile, Tampa Bay is actually fielding an AHL team this year, with Craig MacDonald probably staying in Norfolk and Mathieu Darche possibly going there, and now today Jay Leach signing... the slap you heard was the good people of Springfield smacking their heads. Sticking with the accidental Beast of New Haven theme, Bates Battaglia remained a Maple Leaf, and Byron Ritchie went to Vancouver. (If only Nolan Pratt had signed.) Some other big AHL signings. The Oilers re-signed Raffi Torres, then got indignant over Michael Nylander.

But I know where I'm going when I get to Chicago.

Lotsa boxing the next few days. Lots.

*-7G08... and I kept yesterday's header, even though it doesn't mean anything anymore, because I love that line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home