w

Soundin' Off -- the lifeboat

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Time keeps on slippin'

No idea about lineups or injuries or anything, really. Long story. Which I'll tell shortly.

Boguniecki I'd guess is arm of some sort. It looked like it got jammed in the first period Friday, not long after Comeau left. Honestly, even though he was icing it, I thought he looked well enough after he got hurt that I didn't even think to ask Friday night.

I remember Ken Magowan as quite well-regarded out of training camp. It sounded like he and Jamie Johnson were the two guys closest to sticking, if there had been room. He's the fourth BST player to wear 18. Since there's almost no other content in here, who can name the other three?

As for taking Fata, the interest in the kid among the brass goes beyond just Ted Nolan. Couldn't tell you a thing about the Islanders game tonight, either, except that Greg Logan's blog before the game had them shopping hard for a defenseman, and it had a good bit with Fata.

So the six-game winning streak is over, as is the 12-game winning streak against the City of Lowell, but the seven-game home winning streak remains going into Sunday. If Boguniecki can go, his six-game scoring streak will also be intact.

---

Was granted the day today to attend a special occasion. Sunday is my grandfather's 95th birthday. The family put together a big party for him that turned into a family reunion. Cousins flew in from Florida and from Minnesota, drove up from Maryland. The Little Punk in Illinois even flew home. It was quite a special day for a guy who grew up watching the Americans. (That's the New York Americans. Ask him about Ching Johnson.)

So all I know about the BST game tonight, I learned from the box score at about 2:30 a.m. But from the realm of "I can't get away from BST even when I'm away from BST," I was chatting with my second cousin, typical stuff, talking about the jobs. And he mentioned that, back in college, the hockey team had won a championship but had it taken away, and how his buddy the sports editor needed someone to take the beat, and this guy talked him into it. And the team was pretty good that year, too, and some other things happened at the end of that year...

It clicked in my mind. I asked him where'd he go to college, again?

Plattsburgh.

I nodded. Remember Dan Marshall and Joe Ferras?

Can't get away.

6 Comments:

  • I was just wondering if you knew why the team didn't play Ferraro when we were down two guys, including one of the vets?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 AM  

  • 1- Jeff Hamilton
    2- no idea
    3- no idea

    but I am glad someone is wearing it this year! My fav #

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:05 PM  

  • Well, there are three, I can name 2 of them. One of them someone got as:

    Jeff Hamilton
    Tomi Pettinen

    I am still trying to think of the third.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:25 PM  

  • The third, who was actually the first, is kinda screwy. He only wore it for one game, and you know him better in at least one other number.

    By Blogger Fornabaio, at 3:56 PM  

  • Oh, Ferraro: I've heard he had something banged up and was even a game-time decision today.

    By Blogger Fornabaio, at 3:58 PM  

  • belak is the 3rd....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home